The Central Council is the central organization for all lay people in the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong (“Diocese”)
- In the spirit of the Gospel, to encourage the laity to live in the world as Christians and to commit themselves to their mission to preach the Gospel in their daily environment.
- To promote, plan and coordinate the formation and the apostolate of the laity at the diocesan level.
- To promote the sharing of orientations, methods, insights and experiences among Member Organizations in regard to the formation and the apostolate of the laity.
- To act as a medium of dialogue between the laity and the clergy, and among the laity themselves.
Hong Kong Central Council of Catholic Laity (HKCCCL) is composed of representatives from 51 parish councils/parish pastoral councils and 30 associations of the faithful in Hong Kong.
Rev. Deacon Gamaliel Cheng
- Retreat for Laity
- Lay Formation Lectures / Workshops / Study Group
- Formation Activities for Parish Pastoral Councillors
- Publication of Children Religious Books and Items
- Production of Formation Materials
- Journey of Dicipleship Course
- Online Platform of Evangelization Activities
- Evangelization Activities
- Evangelization Package
- 101 Gathering
- Production of Evangelization Media
- Evangelization Visa Card and Evangelization Fund
- Orientation for the Newly Baptized
- Catholic Faith Distance Learning Course
- Liaison with Member Organizations, Parish Visitation
- Laity Resources Centre, Holy Cross Centre Activity Room
- Participation in diocesan events and committees
- Management of Diocesan Retreat House on behalf of the Diocese
Mon to Fri: 9am - 1pm, 2pm - 5:30pm
Sat: 9am - 12nn
Sun and Public Holidays: Off
Tel: 2560 3800
Fax: 2569 0188
Address: 1 Tai Shek Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong